Massage therapy is a medium for relaxation. But is it only that? No! It has more than that. We reveal the benefits of massage therapy and why you need to indulge yourself to it.
- It counteracts all that sitting that you do. A lot of individuals deal with postural stress. This stress often manifests at the shoulder and neck of an individual, prolonged periods of sitting might show up more advanced form of postural stress such as pain or weakness at the lower back or glutes. A massage therapy can counteract the imbalance caused by long episodes of sitting.
- It eases up muscle pains. Massage therapy can help with sore muscles as it increases and improves circulation. A study published in 2011 in the Annals of Internal Medicine states that massage therapy provides benefits as effective as other methods of treatment for chronic back pain.
- It helps to soothe depression and anxiety. A study published in 2005 in the International Journal of Neuroscience states that receiving massage therapy for at least three times a week can reduce an individual’s depression and makes them less angry, especially for women diagnosed with breast cancer. Massage therapy has a benefit of reducing stress levels after a good massage session.
- Massage therapy improves sleep regulation. Massage therapies not only encourage a restful sleep but also helps individuals who cannot otherwise have a comfortable rest. Since massage promotes relaxation and sleep, it helps those undergoing with chemo and radiation therapy.
- It boosts an individual’s immunity. Since massage decreases the frequency and severity of tension headaches, a single session can immediately effects perceived pain in patients with chronic tension headaches.
Massage therapy can be a treatment for both chronic and acute conditions. Nowadays, massage therapists use their knowledge about physiology and anatomy to combine traditional and modern therapy techniques to treat their clients. Registered Massage Therapists can provide massage sessions that are beneficial for the following conditions:
|Anxiety and depression||Back, legs, and neck pain||Carpal tunnel syndrome||Dislocations|
|Fractures and edema||Headaches and insomnia||Multiple sclerosis||Muscle tension and spasm|
|Post-surgical rehabilitation||Sports injuries||Stress and stress related conditions||Tendinitis|
|Asthma and Emphysema||Cancer Symptoms||Chronic Fatigue Syndrome||Fibromyalgia|
|Arthritis and Bursitis||Kyphosis and Scoliosis||Parkinson’s Disease||Palliative Care|
|Pregnancy and Labor Support||Strains and Sprains||Stroke||Temporomandibular Disorders|
You can have a treatment plan changed at any time, but if you happen to be very busy and have no time for massage therapy sessions, massage devices that get you covered. You can buy a lot of massage devices at the market from entrepreneurs, Ashley Black, that offer high quality and great effects for your well being!