Knowing how to exercise and train properly is one of the edges of those who are successful in their efforts. You might be training or exercising because you want to change your physical appearance, or it can be due to personal or career reasons. Yes, you are already doing good at it, but it is still best to review the best practices that you should follow for a safe and successful exercise and training routine.
Tips For A Safe And Effective Training
According to the guidelines for physical activity, your routine, especially for strengthening, should include all the major muscle groups – arms, shoulders, chest, abdomen, back, hips, and legs. This should be done at least once or twice a week. As a rule of thumb, you can do 8 to 12 repetitions of the movements per session. However, there are others who recommend that you do three sets of this for better results. Then, you give your muscles at least 48 hours to recover between your training sessions.
In addition to that, here are some tips that you can do:
- Use Pre-Workout Supplements. If you have been having challenges in pushing yourself to go to the gym or doing more than your regular workout, then you should take stimulant free pre workout supplements because this can help boost your energy and enthusiasm to do more.
- Warm Up And Cool Down. For some people, especially for beginners, they do not see the importance of warming up and cooling down. But warming up can help your body prepare for the workout while cooling down can help it release some stress on the muscles and bring your heart rate back to normal slowly. Do this for 5 to 10 minutes. Walking is fine, but stretching is an excellent way to go.
- Your Goal Is Form, Not Weight. During your routine, you have to make sure that you align your body correctly and you move through each exercise smoothly. You have to remember that poor form can cause injuries. If you are doing strength training, start with no, or at least very lightweight.
- Breathing Is Important. During your workout, you have to pay attention to how you breathe. You have to exhale as you work against resistance – lifting, pushing, or even pulling. Then you have to inhale as you release.
- Slowly Challenge Your Muscles. Do not settle for what your muscles are used to achieve. You have to constantly challenge them by slowly increasing resistance or weight. The right weight will depend on the exercise that you do. Choose a weight that will challenge a targeted muscle area during your last two repetitions. However, make sure that you are still maintaining a good form.
Now that you know what you should do during your workout or training, it would be easier for you to achieve your goals. It might be difficult to be technical, but you will reap the benefits when you start to see the changes quicker than when you weren’t doing them.